Sunday, August 1, 2010

How to Plan Your Trip to Japan

As I mentioned previously, me and a few friends will be taking a trip to Japan in late March. Planning a trip to a foreign country can be very difficult sometimes, so where do you start? I will be posting updates every now and then on how I went about planning my trip (which I can't wait for)! 

To start off, of course, you need to decide a time frame. I'm thinking our trip will probably be lasting from March 14th, 2010 until April 4th, 2010. That's basically a three week time period, which during the course planning may have to be reduced a bit. Next, figure out your budget! You won't be going anywhere without knowing your limit, and no one wants to get stuck in the middle of Japan with no money, not surrounded by all the amazing stuff they have to offer. My budget has worked out to be between $4000.00-$4500.00 CAD. I have to try and squeeze my plane ticket, hotels/hostels, food, JR Pass, and any money needed to enter attractions or do some shopping within that budget.

Picture stolen from google... =3 I'll be there soon to take my own...

How have you planned your trip to a foreign country?

2 comments:

tcf said...

where in Japan are you heading to?

Chunky said...

I'm going to be hopefully traveling from Tokyo to Kusatsu, Kyoto, Nara, Osaka, Hiroshima, Miyajima and probably making some stops in Yokohama and Kobe.

:)

Post a Comment